Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
The Vodacom Webbook is a success
In October 2011, Vodacom launched the Ubuntu-powered Webbook designed to spread Internet access and mobility in South Africa.
Two months later, according to Canonical, the Webbook is a success, available in 1200 stores in South Africa and in "the coming weeks is expected to be one of the ‘must have’ Christmas gifts for this year".
Obviously this success is not by chance, but based on Ubuntu's worldwide acknowledge features: open-source office suite LibreOffice, enhanced support for numerous printers, cameras, various peripherals, rock-solid security and much more.
The Vodacom Webbook is available for purchase here
- Canonical partners with Asus in releasing low-price interesting laptops in USA
- Dell published Canonical-Dell explanatory clip
- Mark Shuttleworth to speak at GMIC about "the future of the open source mobile platform movement" and about "Open Mobile Platforms" at Mobile Monday (October 22nd and October 28th 2013)
- Canonical-HP tandem announces the availability of powered-by-Ubuntu G14 and G15 laptops in 1,500 Chinese stores
- Canonical-Dell tandem extends Ubuntu's China availability in more than 1,000 stores