Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
Unity 8 running on Mir video-demoed on a Galaxy Nexus with truly enjoyable experience
Yesterday, the powerful (work in progress) Unity 8-Mir tandem was video-demoed on a high-resolution screen (a desktop) with impressive performance: fast animations, smooth element interactions, support for clear tear-free view summonings (like for example, the draggable support for pushing the side-stage onto the interface's main view), etc.
Ubuntu's Kevin Gunn shared a video with Unity 8 running on Mir on a Galaxy Nexus, further demoing the now's state of Mir and Unity 8 on a mobile form-factor.
As seen in the below clip, the results are impressive with similar above-presented abilities, a truly enjoyable experience.
- Unity 8 + Mir emulator released with very-early experimental nature (installation instructions available)
- Unity 8 video-demoed running on Mir on Ubuntu Touch device with fluid, responsive look & feel
- Ubuntu Touch developers announced the successful "first run of Unity on top of MIR"
- Unity Next capable of running on the desktop (as windowed app), started to move towards usable stage
- Unity 8 updated with numerous under-the-hood enhancements