Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
Ubuntu Packaging Guide updated
Ubuntu Packaging Guide is an official set of tutorials grouped in a handy book, where the basics of Ubuntu packaging are carefully explained with an emphasis on step-by-step, clear instructions.
The handy guide has reached another version bringing up-to-date improvements.
How do we install install Ubuntu Packaging Guide?
Add the following official PPA (Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric, Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-packaging-guide-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-packaging-guide
then, locate the files under
/usr/share/doc/ubuntu-packaging-guide (PDF, EPUB, HTML)
As a manual alternative, the guide can be downloaded at http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/tools/packaging/
- 390-pages-long LibreOffice 4.0 Getting Started Guide freely available for download
- "Five Golden Rules for Ubuntu Migration" for companies
- Familiarize yourself with open-source's terms and concepts via an explanatory graphical document
- Ubuntu Packaging Guide landed in Ubuntu 12.10 (available via Ubuntu Software Center)
- Learn how to customize Ubuntu 12.04's Unity with Unity Customization Guide 1.0, free 72 pages PDF book