Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
Ubuntu 11.10's Unity 3D runs smoothly on Acer Iconia W500 touchscreen
It is a fact that Ubuntu will be present on tablets, smart screens, phones, TVs in the future, objective expressed by Mark Shuttleworth few weeks ago.
Although there are various clips on the Internet that show Ubuntu on various devices, including tablets, the bellow video presents Ubuntu running smoothly on a touchscreen, Acer Iconia W500.
The interesting part is that the tablet runs on Unity 3D that "feels" quite snappy even when the Dash is summoned.
To enhance her experience, the user installed an application in order to gain right-click capabilities via predefined gestures, useful on the launcher, desktop and indicators.
The new Onboard<.strong> virtual keyboard is definitely a handy tool for typing with moving abilities and floating mode, making typing on tablets decent enough.
Unity is responsive when screen rotation comes in place transforming the launcher into a large area when one can put numerous icons.
Acer Iconia W500 features a 10.1 inch display, 1280 x 800 resolution, 2GB RAM, AMD-C50 processor and a 32GB SSD.
- Unity 7 updated in Trusty Tahr with refined spread mode
- How to easily display the username on the Unity panel in Ubuntu 13.10
- Unity 7 updated in Ubuntu 13.10 with new fixes and optimizations
- Unity 7.1.2 landed in Ubuntu 13.10 with fixes and optimizations
- Unity 7 updated with minor-yet-relevant new names in Ubuntu 13.10