Ubuntu's default digital photo manager, Shotwell, has just been updated to version 0.9.1, a release centered on bug fixes and stability.
What is new in Shotwell 0.9.1?
- enhanced visibility of red-eye reticle
- fixed issue where the Adjust palette could be positioned partially off-screen
- paths and filenames are now displayed correctly after a failed import
- the desktop name of the Shotwell application has changed from "Shotwell Photo Manager" to simply "Shotwell" (for enhanced compatibility with GNOME 3)
- many bug fixes on crashes and other issues in publishing plugins
How do we install Shotwell 0.9.1?
Just add the following PPA (Maverick Meerkat only)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install shotwell