Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
LibreOffice 4.0 ALPHA 1 released (Ubuntu 13.04 to feature the 4.x series)
Editing thousand-pages long documents, creating presentations for a certain public event, managing spreadsheets, etc, are actions that can be easily satisfied in Ubuntu via LibreOffice, a powerful versatile office suite.
Along with an impressive number of features, it seems that LibreOffice is a project constantly enriched, refined, improved and strengthened, constantly seeing new releases (characterized by solid functionalities, care for stability, etc).
LibreOffice 4.0 ALPHA 1 has been released, marking the first release from the 4.x series.
Various under-the-hood enhancements, as well as interesting additions (such as the landing of
Impress Remote, accessible under
Impress-->Slide Show-->Impress Remote) come to encompass the newly released LibreOffice 4.0 ALPHA 1.
Ubuntu 13.04 is to receive the 4.x LibreOffice, according to Ubuntu's Bjoern Michaelsen, "Libreoffice 4 will be in Raring Ringtail".
How do we install/test LibreOffice 4.0 ALPHA 1?
first, remove the currently installed LibreOffice version
sudo apt-get purge libreoffice-core
Add the following pre-releases (probably unstable) PPA (Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-prereleases
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
- LibreOffice 4.1 feature-by-feature compared with Microsoft Office 2013, clearly proves its superiority
- Learn to master your home budget with "How to Create a Home Finances Budget Using LibreOffice Calc", handy explanatory document
- LibreOffice 4.2 International Bug Hunting Session is happening December 6th - December 8th, open for participation
- LibreOffice development continues with handy IDE integration
- LibreOffice 4.1 Calc Guide released and freely available for download (PDF and ODT)