Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
LibreOffice 3.6.4 released with bug fixes
The Document Foundation has just released a new version of LibreOffice, 3.6.4, office suite version presenting itself as a bug fixes release.
Fixed font rendering in Impress presentations, fixed scrollbars (in cases like broken Calc horizontal scrollbars), accurate hyperlink processing under DOCX files, optimized image scaling when on file-open actions, proper unchecked/disabled state of disabled extensions, etc, are part of the newly released LibreOffice 3.6.4.
Usually, users search applications by typing the accurate app names into the Dash's search area, nevertheless, Unity exposes search results generated by keywords (different from the app name), too.
LibreOffice 3.6.4 adds keywords to its .desktop files, such as text, letter, CV, odt, doc, docx (for LibreOffice Writer).
odt in Dash's search area, exposes now LibreOffice Writer as a matched result (along with other matched search results), allowing the user to more easily discover the office suite.
How do we install LibreOffice 3.6.4?
Add the following official PPA (Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
- LibreOffice 4.1.3 landed in Ubuntu 13.10
- LibreOffice 4.1 feature-by-feature compared with Microsoft Office 2013, clearly proves its superiority
- Learn to master your home budget with "How to Create a Home Finances Budget Using LibreOffice Calc", handy explanatory document
- LibreOffice 4.2 International Bug Hunting Session is happening December 6th - December 8th, open for participation
- LibreOffice development continues with handy IDE integration