Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
How to easily change your username in Ubuntu 11.10
Ubuntu 11.10's System Settings offers a set of configuration options properly organized in categories, from where users can adjust, set, change various options, ranging from the GTK+ theme to sound configurations, printing settings and more.
System Settings brings, especially starting with Ubuntu 11.10, new interesting ways of interaction with various Ubuntu components, allowing users (especially newcomers) to easily change and tweak numerous settings.
The username is one easy-to-do change, under
System Settings-->User Accounts, by clicking on the username field, the name becomes editable, thus setting a new username is as simple as typing the preferred name and click Enter/Return.
Finally, restart the computer in order to apply the new naming.
- How to increase/decrease the cursor blink speed in Ubuntu 13.10
- How to add extra sharpness to Ubuntu 13.10's VLC 2.0.8
- How to immediately get updates in Ubuntu 13.10
- How to easily convert PDF files to EPUB and MOBI in Ubuntu 13.10
- How to cut off unwanted portions from clips and export as 1080p with OpenShot