Minetest is a free open-source game that gathers captivating gaming features into a Minecraft-inspired look & feel.
Among its features, there are powerful map generator (with 31,000 blocks in all directions), multiplayer support, dynamic lightning, etc, grouped inside a virtual world where the gamer is to build objects, while exploring the captivating landscapes.
Minetest 0.4.5 has been released, introducing numerous changes and improvements, such as:
- newly-added Mese crystals and Mese crystal fragments
- right-click manner of opening doors
- list of servers under the
- natural jungle grass
- new L-system tree generation
- increased speed for map generation
- on-demand flat map generation
- added particles when digging blocks
- visually-tweaked damage screen
- bug fixes
How do we install Minetest 0.4.5?
Add the following official PPA (Precise, Quantal, Raring)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:minetestdevs/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install minetestc55