Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
Create high-quality EPUB files from inside LibreOffice Writer with Writer2ePub
Users across the internets are reading books in numerous standards like PDF, MOBI, LIT, etc, nevertheless one of the most commonly used is EPUB (electronic publication), a free and open e-book standard.
Writer2ePub is an extension useful to create EPUB files from various filetypes that can be opened with LibreOffice Writer (DOC, RTF, etc), meaning the extension easily creates various files to EPUB from inside LibreOffice.
The advantage of this plugin is the generating of high-quality EPUBs, fixing, in the same time, formatting errors and various issues, creating EPUBs compatible with the most common eReader programs/platforms (including Ubuntu Software Center's Calibre).
"If you are looking for a program to convert one or more files with arbitrary format to ePub format, keeping the original formatting rules and layout, then you should give a try to Calibre".
The plugin is actionable via three top-left icons: writer2epub (create the EPUB file), Metadata (edit metadata values, as well as adding cover images) and Preferences (fonts, file split, image quality, etc).
How do we install Writer2ePub?
LibreOffice-->Tools-->Extension Manager-->click Add then locate and click on the downloaded plugin.
The usage is as simple as opening a document in LibreOffice Writer and click Writer2epub (after adjusting the desired metadata and cover).
- Easily create EPUBs from files supported by LibreOffice Writer via Writer2ePub
- Ubuntu 12.10's LibreOffice received new default extensions (PDFImport, OGLtrans, Presentation Minimizer and Presenter Console)
- LibreOffice launches public repository for extensions and templates
- "How to Access and Use Data Sources with Base", 8-pages handy tutorial
- LibreOffice 4.1.4 released with approximately 100 bug fixes