Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
Calibre 0.8.38 released with automatic books adding
Calibre is a full-fledged, complete e-library solution that features library management, format conversion, news feeds and a powerful e-book viewer, capable of handling numerous formats.
Calibre 0.8.38 has been released with bug fixes and long-awaited features.
What is new in Calibre 0.8.38?
- option to automatically add books to Calibre from a specified folder, under
Calibre-->Preferences-->Import/Export/Adding books-->Automatic Adding-->choose a folder
- extra news sources (Strange Horizons by Jim DeVona, Telegraph India and Live Mint by Krittika Goyal, High Country News by Armin Geller, Countryfile by Dave Asbury, Liberation (subscription version) by Remi Vanicat, Various Italian news sources by faber1971)
- improved news sources (FHM UK, Metro Nieuws NL)
- enhanced EPUB and MOBI handling
- various fixes
How do we install Calibre 0.8.38?
Type in a terminal
sudo python -c "import sys; py3 = sys.version_info > 2; u = __import__('urllib.request' if py3 else 'urllib', fromlist=1); exec(u.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read()); main()"
Bugs can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre
- Calibre 1.14 landed in Ubuntu 14.04's Ubuntu Software Center
- Calibre 1.14 released with enhanced cover grid and manual trim
- Calibre 1.13 released with handy edit-authors feature and enhancements
- How to easily convert PDF files to EPUB and MOBI in Ubuntu 13.10
- Calibre 1.12 released with non-ebook file support and enhancements