Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
Calibre 0.8.28 released with numerous improvements
Calibre is a complete ebook management tool that includes library management, format conversion, sync features and much more.
Calibre 0.8.28 has just been released, marking another consistent release.
What is new in Calibre 0.8.28?
- new books provider store, litres.ru (
- new news sources (Give me something to read and Let's get Critical by Barty, Worldcrunch by Krittika Goyal)
- improved news sources (El Mundo, BBC, NIN Online, ABC Australia, Salon.com, Expansion, The week, Heise Online)
- better metadata handling
- numerous bug fixes
How do we install Calibre 0.8.28?
Type in a terminal
sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read(); main()"
and type /opt then press enter
Launch Calibre via the Dash by typing calibre in the search area.
- Calibre 1.14 landed in Ubuntu 14.04's Ubuntu Software Center
- Calibre 1.14 released with enhanced cover grid and manual trim
- Calibre 1.13 released with handy edit-authors feature and enhancements
- How to easily convert PDF files to EPUB and MOBI in Ubuntu 13.10
- Calibre 1.12 released with non-ebook file support and enhancements