Blender is a powerful, versatile, no-compromise 3D suite designed in mind with animations, modelling, rendering, interactive creation, post-production, essentially, a tool suitable for both regular and professional users.
Blender has been updated to another meaningful release, version 2.66, introducing long-awaited features, as well as fixes and improvements:
- rigid body simulations are now available outside of the game engine, too, due to the Bullet physics library's integration into the editor and animation system
- new dynamic topology sculpting (new sculpting mode subdividing the mesh accordingly, allowing the user to sculpt complex shapes out of a simple mesh)
- improved bevel tool with support for bevelling individual vertices
- initial support for hair rendering with triangle strips, cylinder and bezer curve primitives
- optimized image pipeline capable of properly and more-accurately handling transparency
- new SPH particle fluid solver
- ability to apply animations from an external file onto a mesh via the new Mesh Cache modifier
- improved Collada's import and export with more stable armature modifier and support for shape keys
- more than 250 bugs fixed
How do we install Blender 2.66?
Add the following PPA (Oneiric, Precise, Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:irie/blender
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install blender