Add the user menu block here or your own custom code×
Activity Log Manager 0.8, handy GUI for blacklisting Zeitgeist's activity, released (via PPA)
Zeitgeist is an awesome useful tool but was lacking a configuration method, until now.
Activity Log Manager is a gorgeous full-fledged handy GUI (although this is its first release) that acts like a blacklist/control center for all the files, activities, events tracked by Zeitgeist.
What can I do with Activity Log Manager 0.8?
- clear the history (nicely structured as last 15 minutes, hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, day, week or from "x-date" to "y-date")
- blacklist specific applications (Activity Log Manager-->Applications-->Add-->select app) the selected application's activity will NOT be tracked
- blacklist file types (if you select, for instance, "Video" all of your video clips will not be tracked anymore), so. if one doesn't want Zeitgeist to track its video clips there is no need to blacklist applications (VLC , Totem, Mplayer, etc), just blacklist "Video" file type
- blacklist files from specific folders (Activity Log Manager-->Files-->under Prevent logging files in the following folders-->select your desired folder)
- bottom-right corner button for 1-click away turn ON/OFF activity log
How do we install Activity Log Manager 0.8?
Add the following PPA (Maverick, Natty)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zeitgeist/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install activity-log-manager
A restart is required.
- Activity Log Manager 0.9.7 landed in Ubuntu 13.10 with new features
- Activity Log Manager 0.9.6 landed in Ubuntu 13.10 with refreshed design
- How to easily clear Zeitgeist's history in Ubuntu 13.10
- Easily enable a dashboard-like view in Ubuntu 13.04's Gedit with Dashboard plugin
- Developer-tool Zeitgeist Explorer 0.2 released with new Applications view